College Readiness Math Teachers
Pre-AP® Mathematics Teachers
6 hours (1 Day Workshop)
We’re getting into the nitty gritty of geometry, exploring concepts of planes and 3-dimensional figures. From theory to application, participants will not only be refreshed in geometric theory, but will also learn new methods and techniques to teach and apply equations. This class is to help educators elevate their lessons and enhance their students’ learning experience.
● Apply experimentation with transformations in the plane,
● Learn the use of making geometric constructions,
● Understand similarity in terms of similarity transformations,
● Define trigonometric ratios and solve problems involving right triangles,
● Teach students how to apply theorems about circles,
● Translate between the geometric description and the equation for a conic section,
● Reframe foundational concepts and teach students to use coordinates to prove simple geometric theorems algebraically,
● Explain volume formulas and use them to solve problems, and
● Apply geometric concepts in modeling situations.